PAF College, Sargodha
PAF College, Sargodha is located in the Punjab, about 121 miles from Lahore. The institution, which was then known as RPAF School, Sargodha, which was established in 1953, was basically meant to prepare and groom young boys to become competent and patriotic men to assume Key positions, especially in the Armed Forces of Pakistan, Business and Civil Service was inaugurated on 16th December 1953 by the Governor of the Punjab, Mian Amin ud Din.
The PAF School became a College in 1960 and an Academy, in 1973. In 1993 it was decided to revert the institution to a College, as it was in this capacity that it had played a key role in grooming students to become future leaders.
The first Principal of the School was Wing/Cmdr (RAF) E Sprawson (1953-57), who was followed by Mr. G. Stott (1958). Mr. H. Catchpole, (whose former students rose to prominent positions in the subcontinent,) was the Principal from 1958 to 1970. He was followed by Mr. A. Rehman Qureshi (1970-84) and Dr. Mehboob Alam (1984-93).
At its inception, the teaching staff of the school was predominantly British to help in setting up the institution on the lines of British public schools. When Mr. A.R. Qureshi took over as Principal, this task had been accomplished and all the staff at the school were indigenous.
Entry filed under: Uncategorized. Tags: .